Our History
In it's 88th year, St. Paul's Lutheran Church was established in December 31, 1926 to the praise and glory of the Triune God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. It is our task to further the preaching and teaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in this area and to enlist people of all ages in the service of the Lord.

Our worship services were held in our original building on Hamlin and Madison Streets in Cortland, NY. We have since then expanded twice and added a pre-school playground.  We seek to bring the Gospel message of Christ to this community through the clear teaching and preaching of the Word of God and the administration of the Sacraments as Jesus gave them.

Our national affiliation is with the 3 million member Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. Together with our sister congregations throughout the United States and Canada, we maintain mission stations, welfare agencies, and educational institutions in every corner of the globe. We sponsor and support mission work throughout the world as an outreach of our faith.

We sponsor and support through our gifts, talents, and volunteer hours ministries to our St. Paul Pre-school, sharing Christ and giving a good pre-school program to many young people in our community.  We support the SUNY - Cortland campus, Lutheran Campus Ministries of RIT, prison ministries through the CCJM (Cortland County Jail Ministry), support for Cub Scout Packs in Cortland, Interlaken, and Enfield, NY. 

Our Pastor is the Eastern District's Rochester area regional advisor for Lutheran Laymen's League.  We have sponsored television's most widely seen program, "This Is The Life". Our Lutheran Laymen's League brings Christ to the nations through the Lutheran Hour, a weekly radio program heard in 125 lands, each in their own language.

Our members donate countless hours of service to this community and service to their neighbors.  We are glad in these economic times of crises, that we respond with God's call to "do unto others what we would have done unto ourselves."